In the modern world of technology, a smartphone has become a necessity. Most youngsters are addicted to their smartphones and can’t stay away from them! However, keeping the smart device close to your body, particularly while sleeping, isn’t good for your health.
Using your mobile phone at night is likely to take away your sleep. You’ll spend the time watching videos or surfing through social media platforms instead of sleeping. Consequently, you’ll feel sleepy the next day. You should try to improve your sleeping routine and opt for sleeping tablets if you find it difficult to fall asleep at night.
Aside from ruining your sleep, your mobile phone also leads to various health risks. Radiations emitted from smart devices increase the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases. Also, if you use your mobile phone late at night, you’re likely to suffer from depression and social anxiety down the road.
Here are some useful tips to help you beat your smart phone addiction:
- Try not to bring mobile phone to your bedroom
- When you wake up in the middle of the night, don’t use your phone to check the time or else you may be tempted to browse social apps
- Uninstall mobile apps and games that can waste your time
- Turn on airplane mode so that the app notifications can’t distract you
- Turn off your cellphone for some time every day and engage in other healthy activities
If your cellphone is the reason why you can’t sleep well at night, you need to follow the aforementioned tips to give up on the addiction. However, if the lack of sleep is due to any sleep disorder, you should consult your doctor and purchase sleeping tablets